-   -   Hyperlinks in Office documents (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27376-hyperlinks-office-documents.html)

Joyce

Hyperlinks in Office documents

WHen I insert hyperlinks in a local document, I browse to the (other local)
document that I want to link to. For some reason, those links periodically
turn into c:\. . . applicata_data\office, etc. hyperlinks and they break.
Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it from happening?

Thx

David McRitchie

Hi Joyce,
what did the hyperlink address look like before and after -- complete link.
how did you enter the hyperlink
what version of Excel

You can only have one workbook with the same file name (example.xls) open
at time.
---
HTH,