-   -   Shift+Arrow does not expand selection (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27273-shift-arrow-does-not-expand-selection.html)

No_RZN

Shift+Arrow does not expand selection

How can this be corrected (Excel 2003 version 11.5612.5703):
I want to copy a cell, expand selection down (CTRL+Shift+Down) and then
paste the copied cell on the expanded selection.
CTRL+Down works allright, BUT: Shift+Arrow (and CTRL+Shift+Arrow also)
captures screen to clipboad. After that only thing that is pasted is
bitmap-image of Excel-screen.

Thanks!

Earl Kiosterud

No,

My Excel 2002 doesn't do that. It increases the selection as expected.
Prin tScr is the key that puts a picture of the screen on the clipboard. It
sounds as if your keyboard might be messed up. If you have another one
around, it might be worth trying it.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"No_RZN" wrote in message
How can this be corrected (Excel 2003 version 11.5612.5703):
I want to copy a cell, expand selection down (CTRL+Shift+Down) and then
paste the copied cell on the expanded selection.
CTRL+Down works allright, BUT: Shift+Arrow (and CTRL+Shift+Arrow also)
captures screen to clipboad. After that only thing that is pasted is
bitmap-image of Excel-screen.

Thanks!

No_RZN

I have tried this with 3 different HP nc6000 laptops having same version of
Excel 2003 with same result. Actually it expands the selection but copied
cell vanishes from clipboard and screen capture (with expanded selection)
emerges there instead.