-   -   Date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27246-date-format.html)

MK

Date format

Our financial system uses the date format DD/MM/YYYY.
We can ODBC link to tables in the financial system databases and run queries
in MSAccess 2000. We can export data from the tables to MSEXCEL2000 and
maintain above date format.

If we export the same data from other applications (ie a report writer) to
MSExcel 2000, then the date changes to right justified MM/DD/YYYY where
DD<=12 and remain unchanged and left justified where DD12. It is the actual
value of the date that changes.

Example:
1/7/2004 becomes 7/1/2004 (value changed from 38169 to 37993)
13/7/2004 remains unchanged.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know a consistant fix?

MK