-   -   Sorting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/27128-sorting.html)

Kmarie

Sorting

When I sort a column of numbers, it comes out like this:

1112
1112
2298
23
5648
889

When I want it to list them from small to big, like this:

23
889
1112
1112
2298
5648

I can understand that the computer thinks the first way is right... but can
I fix this?

PC

The problem is that the computer thinks the numbers are text.

Place a 1 in a blank cell.

Select the cell and Edit/Copy
Select the range of numbers and Edit/Past Special and select the Multiply
option.

That should resolve the problem.

PC

"Kmarie" wrote in message
When I sort a column of numbers, it comes out like this:

1112
1112
2298
23
5648
889

When I want it to list them from small to big, like this:

23
889
1112
1112
2298
5648

I can understand that the computer thinks the first way is right... but

can
I fix this?

Kmarie

Thank you!