Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to slove: Circular Reference Warning

I made a wrong step inside my worksheet and got a "Circular Reference
Warning" and all relevant cells become "Ref!"
I corrected it but now whenever I open same file, again I get
following error message:

Circular Reference Warning
One or more for,ulas contain a circular reference and may not
calculate correctly.

I searched whole tabs, but couldn't find any bug.

How can I solve the issue not to face the same error message again?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Aug 28, 12:41*am, Rasoul Khoshravan wrote:
I made a wrong step inside my worksheet and got a "Circular Reference
Warning" and all relevant cells become "Ref!"
I corrected it but now whenever I open same file, again I get
following error message:

Circular Reference Warning
One or more for,ulas contain a circular reference and may not
calculate correctly.

I searched whole tabs, but couldn't find any bug.

How can I solve the issue not to face the same error message again?

hi
a circular reference means that one of your formulas is referring back
to itself either directly or indirectly. you will have to find that
formula and correct it.
you didn't say which version excel you have. i'm retired now and stuck
with 03.
in 03, click toolscustomizetoolbar tab then check the circular
reference. the circular reference toolbar should display a list of
formulas in the circular reference. you may have to do some hunting
from here to find the suspect formula.
in 07, click office button excel optionscustomize. not sure from
here. snoop.
but to clear the circular reference message, you must clear the
circular reference.

regards and good luck.
FSt1