-   -   Saving as XML (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/270571-saving-xml.html)

Gavin Bird

Saving as XML

Hi, Building a vba module that exports timecard data from XL to a
payroll system using an XML import format. Everything is OK except
when the created file is saved as XML or TXT or CSV or whatever; i've
tried a lot of them.

The XML has been tested as OK and the export worksheet shows (in
column A):
<?xml version="1.0" ?
<TimeCards Version="2.3"
<TimeCard
<TimeCardNo1</TimeCardNo
<EmployeeNameAA</EmployeeName
</TimeCard
</TimeCards

But, when I save the sheet, the resulting file has:
"<?xml version=""1.0"" ?"
"<TimeCards Version=""2.3"""
<TimeCard
<TimeCardNo1</TimeCardNo
<EmployeeNameAA</EmployeeName
</TimeCard
</TimeCards

The additional quotes on the top two lines causing the import file to
be "not recognized" as being in an XML format. I have tried multiple
XL formats to save the file as but only manually removing the
additional quotes allows the file to be imported. Any ideas will
help.