-   -   Extract info based on Name (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/270555-extract-info-based-name.html)

khers

Extract info based on Name

Hello
I have two colons. Colomn A has the name of the stores I have
purchased from, and Colomn B has the ammount of money I have paid.

A B
Store 1 $ 20
Store 2 $ 3
Store 3 $ 25
Store 1 $ 83
Store 4 $ 90
Store 2 $ 18

What I need is to Sum up how much I have spent in each Store, so I
get :

Store 1 $ 113
Store 2 $ 21
Store 3 $ 25
Store 4 $90

Thanks in advance
Khers

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Extract info based on Name

On Jul 22, 10:53*am, khers wrote:
Hello
I have two colons. Colomn A has the name of the stores I have
purchased from, and Colomn B has the ammount of money I have paid.

A * * * * * * * * * * * *B
Store 1 * * * * * * * *$ 20
Store 2 * * * * * * * *$ 3
Store 3 * * * * * * * *$ 25
Store 1 * * * * * * * *$ 83
Store 4 * * * * * * * *$ 90
Store 2 * * * * * * * *$ 18

What I need is to Sum up how much I have spent in each Store, so I
get :

Store 1 * * * * * * * $ 113
Store 2 * * * * * * * $ 21
Store 3 * * * * * * * $ 25
Store 4 * * * * * * * $90

Thanks in advance
Khers

EXCEL 2007

Assuming your stores are in column A (A1 to A6)

- and your money paid is in column B (B1 to B6)

- then:-

=SUMIF(A1:A6,"Store1",B1:B6)

Chnage the store number as required.

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Extract info based on Name

On Fri, 22 Jul 2011 02:53:34 -0700 (PDT), khers wrote:

Hello
I have two colons. Colomn A has the name of the stores I have
purchased from, and Colomn B has the ammount of money I have paid.

A B
Store 1 $ 20
Store 2 $ 3
Store 3 $ 25
Store 1 $ 83
Store 4 $ 90
Store 2 $ 18

What I need is to Sum up how much I have spent in each Store, so I
get :

Store 1 $ 113
Store 2 $ 21
Store 3 $ 25
Store 4 $90

Thanks in advance
Khers

Take a look at Pivot Tables.

Label your columns. Then Insert/Pivot table and drag "Store Name" to the rows area; and Payments to the Data or Values area.

Gord

Extract info based on Name

In C1 enter =SUMIF(A1:A6,"Store " & ROW(),B1:B6)

Drag/copy to C4

BTW Store 1 is $103

Gord Dibben Microsoft Excel MVP

wrote:

Hello
I have two colons. Colomn A has the name of the stores I have
purchased from, and Colomn B has the ammount of money I have paid.

A B
Store 1 $ 20
Store 2 $ 3
Store 3 $ 25
Store 1 $ 83
Store 4 $ 90
Store 2 $ 18

What I need is to Sum up how much I have spent in each Store, so I
get :

Store 1 $ 113
Store 2 $ 21
Store 3 $ 25
Store 4 $90

Thanks in advance
Khers

Bob Flanagan[_4_]

Extract info based on Name

On Jul 22, 5:53*am, khers wrote:
Hello
I have two colons. Colomn A has the name of the stores I have
purchased from, and Colomn B has the ammount of money I have paid.

A * * * * * * * * * * * *B
Store 1 * * * * * * * *$ 20
Store 2 * * * * * * * *$ 3
Store 3 * * * * * * * *$ 25
Store 1 * * * * * * * *$ 83
Store 4 * * * * * * * *$ 90
Store 2 * * * * * * * *$ 18

What I need is to Sum up how much I have spent in each Store, so I
get :

Store 1 * * * * * * * $ 113
Store 2 * * * * * * * $ 21
Store 3 * * * * * * * $ 25
Store 4 * * * * * * * $90

Thanks in advance
Khers

Try Pivot Tables. Depending on your version of Excel the way to
create varies. A quick search on the net will provide instructions.

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com
productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel