-   -   How do I get a cell value using another cells value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26991-how-do-i-get-cell-value-using-another-cells-value.html)

Chris

How do I get a cell value using another cells value

I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet
based on the cell value of another
E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298
I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in worksheet
2, Cell reference B298

Regards
Chris

Andibevan

Chris,

put in cell a2 =indirect(a1)

HTH

Andi

"Chris" wrote in message
I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet
based on the cell value of another
E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298
I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in worksheet
2, Cell reference B298

Regards
Chris

Bob Phillips

Slight mod

=INDIRECT("Sheet2!"&A1)

--

HTH

RP

"Andibevan" wrote in message
Chris,

put in cell a2 =indirect(a1)

HTH

Andi

"Chris" wrote in message
I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet
based on the cell value of another
E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298
I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in

worksheet
2, Cell reference B298

Regards
Chris

paul

Ummm am i missing something,why dont you just type = Sheet2!B298 in cell A2?
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Chris" wrote:

I have multiple worksheets. I want to get a cells value from one worksheet
based on the cell value of another
E.g. Worksheet 1 Cell reference A1 contains B298
I want on worksheet 1 in cell reference A2 to contain the value in worksheet
2, Cell reference B298

Regards
Chris

Bob Phillips

Yes you are missing the fact that A1 might change to C298

--

HTH

RP