-   -   Can I convert a column into a row? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26986-can-i-convert-column-into-row.html)

Lenworth

Can I convert a column into a row?

Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be simple,
but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!

Mangesh

Select the cells in the column you want to paste in the row. copy (control
C). Select the same number of cells in a row, click Edit Paste Special.
Select transpose. Click ok.

- Mangesh

"Lenworth" wrote in message
Excel Question. I simply want to convert a column of figures [each in
different cells] into a row with a similar number of cells. Must be

simple,
but can't seem to find how to do it. Thanks for any replies, guys!!

Gord Dibben

And note that there only 256 columns in a sheet so you cannot transpose more
than that to a row.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP