-   -   Is there any way to get rid of a link in a spreadsheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26931-there-any-way-get-rid-link-spreadsheet.html)

mimiw2

Is there any way to get rid of a link in a spreadsheet?

I copied a wooksheet to keep a format but changed the content. The original
worksheet was linked to another. The new one is not but I can't get rid of
the link. Couldn't find anything in help. Any way to get rid of a link?

PC

You need to find the link and delete the reference.

To replace the reference in formulae you can either delete the entire
formula or use Edit/Replace and replace the file reference with "". (It
helps if the link-to file is open as the reference won't include the path.

If it is in a named range or formula and there are many the process gets
cumbersome. Though if you don't need any of those named ranges you can
elminate them all using the old Lotus menu keystrokes "/RNR" First
however you need to go into Tools/Options/Transitions and select Lotus 123
Help. (Make sure you switch back after you're done)

Also, I believe Walkenbach has a utility that will assist with this process
if you're having difficulty finding the link.

HTH

PC

"mimiw2" wrote in message
I copied a wooksheet to keep a format but changed the content. The

original
worksheet was linked to another. The new one is not but I can't get rid

of
the link. Couldn't find anything in help. Any way to get rid of a link?

Dave Peterson

Bill Manville's FindLink addin may help you find the hard to find links:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm

--

Dave Peterson