-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26797-excel.html)

Agnes

Excel

I went to Run, typed in Excel and the program opened. It shows that I have
version 9. It showed me the data that I had put on it previously, but I
can't open it from Programs or from the Icon on my desktop, nor can I open my
documents from My Documents.

I get the message: The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or
other removable disk that is not available. Try to find an installation
package "datal.msi" in a folder from which you can install MS Office. Is it
safe for me to try to do this on my own?

My WORD, Access, Powerpoint, etc all open alright. I was pretty sure that
Office 2000 came installed on my computer, but I also have Office 97 on it
and couldn't remember how to find the version.

Thank you for your help.