-   -   Excel 2000 - file won't open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26796-excel-2000-file-wont-open.html)

giovanni

Excel 2000 - file won't open

Whenever I double click on a file prepared with Word (doc) Word opens and so
does the file. I cannot do the same with Excel files. I tried file
association "Open With" by clicking the box 'always open with...', but no
success. Please tell me what to do short of re-installing the program. Thank
you. - Giovanni

papou

Hi Giovanni
To be short try:
Start, Run
EXCEL.EXE /REGSERVER
and then click OK

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"giovanni" a écrit dans le message de news:
nbTie.1408744$Xk.935182@pd7tw3no...
Whenever I double click on a file prepared with Word (doc) Word opens and
so
does the file. I cannot do the same with Excel files. I tried file
association "Open With" by clicking the box 'always open with...', but no
success. Please tell me what to do short of re-installing the program.
Thank
you. - Giovanni

giovanni

Thank you, Pascal, it worked. Cheers, Giovanni.

"papou" wrote in message
Hi Giovanni
To be short try:
Start, Run
EXCEL.EXE /REGSERVER
and then click OK

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"giovanni" a écrit dans le message de news:
nbTie.1408744$Xk.935182@pd7tw3no...
Whenever I double click on a file prepared with Word (doc) Word opens

and
so
does the file. I cannot do the same with Excel files. I tried file
association "Open With" by clicking the box 'always open with...', but

no
success. Please tell me what to do short of re-installing the program.
Thank
you. - Giovanni

papou

You're welcome!