-   -   formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/266981-formula.html)

marcelgougeon

formula

In cell one I enter an amount this amount can change. cell two is multiplied by cell three the answer is calulated in cell four. I do not want the amount to be larger than cell one. if it is smaller thats ok but not larger.

Mazzaropi

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcelgougeon (Post 960798)
In cell one I enter an amount this amount can change. cell two is multiplied by cell three the answer is calulated in cell four. I do not want the amount to be larger than cell one. if it is smaller thats ok but not larger.

Dear marcelgougeon, Good Morning.

Letīs suppose this scenery:

A1 -- = 100...(THE AMOUNT THAT CAN BE CHANGED AS YOU SAID)
B1 -- = 5.......(ANY VALUE)
C1 -- = 10.....(ANY VALUE)
D1 -- = FORMULA

D1 -- =IF((B1*C1)<=A1,(B1*C1),"RESULT EXCEEDS A1 VALUE")