ExcelBanter

-   -   Insert from different worksheet based on time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/265419-insert-different-worksheet-based-time.html)

scubadivingfool July 11th 10 04:15 PM

Insert from different worksheet based on time

2 Attachment(s)
OK so here is my problem that I hope you can help with. At work we have what is called a “daily task List (DTL)” for the employees to do throughout there shift with each DTL being different on each day of the week.
What I am trying to do is load is input everything into a timing worksheet (the image in yellow) and have is auto-populate correctly into each of the seven different worksheet. Let me explain in more detail below:

Ryan, Moe and Nick, who are opening need to be inserted into the yellow highlighted area. AS you can see though there are 5 spots so I need the inserting to go back to the beginning and start at the top of the openers.
I then need the orange to be filled with both Openers and Mids while the green needs to be filled with Mids and Closers.
I can send the excel spreadsheet if you need it. Also if you need more clarification please ask
Thanks
David

wickedchew August 1st 10 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There are 2 worksheets in this attachment.

The first sheet, you have to select a name from column C. The drop-down is dependent on the number of people per shift.

YELLOW = OPENING STAFFS
ORANGE = OPENING AND MID STAFFS
GREEN = CLOSING STAFFS

The second sheet does it automatically. You just need to select an employee E6 and the rest will populate.

scubadivingfool August 2nd 10 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedchew (Post 959000)
There are 2 worksheets in this attachment.

The first sheet, you have to select a name from column C. The drop-down is dependent on the number of people per shift.

YELLOW = OPENING STAFFS
ORANGE = OPENING AND MID STAFFS
GREEN = CLOSING STAFFS

The second sheet does it automatically. You just need to select an employee E6 and the rest will populate.

This is what I was looking for, with a slight tweak though. Is there any way to have the cells in worksheet DTL 2 J6-20 auto populate into the E6-20 cells? When I change the info in the J6-20 cells nothing happens on the E 6-20 cells with the exception on changing of the names.

Also can you tell me how to edit the code you used? I have to place this into a pre-existing template. It needs to look exactly like the first attached image.

Thanks for all your hard work, very much appreciated

wickedchew August 2nd 10 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadivingfool (Post 959033)
This is what I was looking for, with a slight tweak though. Is there any way to have the cells in worksheet DTL 2 J6-20 auto populate into the E6-20 cells? When I change the info in the J6-20 cells nothing happens on the E 6-20 cells with the exception on changing of the names.

Also can you tell me how to edit the code you used? I have to place this into a pre-existing template. It needs to look exactly like the first attached image.

Thanks for all your hard work, very much appreciated

Once you changed the names on column J, just change the name on E6 and the rest will follow.

The formula is quite hard to explain though... You can attach your template and I'll do it for you. ^_^

scubadivingfool August 3rd 10 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedchew (Post 959035)
Once you changed the names on column J, just change the name on E6 and the rest will follow.

The formula is quite hard to explain though... You can attach your template and I'll do it for you. ^_^

OK, I have added the template. As you can tell, each day of the week are in each worksheet as well as a worksheet to do the timing inputs.

Thanks for all the help

wickedchew August 4th 10 01:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadivingfool (Post 959042)
OK, I have added the template. As you can tell, each day of the week are in each worksheet as well as a worksheet to do the timing inputs.

Thanks for all the help

Here's your template.

I have included some instructions on how to use the template.

scubadivingfool August 4th 10 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedchew (Post 959044)
Here's your template.

I have included some instructions on how to use the template.

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

There are some errors however on the template. When I change the names of the people in the times worksheet, it is not changing on the weekday sheet

Thanks

wickedchew August 4th 10 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadivingfool (Post 959045)
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks

There are some errors however on the template. When I change the names of the people in the times worksheet, it is not changing on the weekday sheet

Thanks

Have you tried changing the value in G10?

Each work day sheet has it's own corresponding column in the times worksheet.

scubadivingfool August 4th 10 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedchew (Post 959046)
Have you tried changing the value in G10?

Each work day sheet has it's own corresponding column in the times worksheet.

That I have. On Monday if I have George set to OPEN in the TIMES worksheet, on the Monday worksheet George get set to MID.

Also can you have the drop down selection digger please.

Thanks againtype

wickedchew August 4th 10 04:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadivingfool (Post 959047)
That I have. On Monday if I have George set to OPEN in the TIMES worksheet, on the Monday worksheet George get set to MID.

Also can you have the drop down selection digger please.

Thanks againtype

I have corrected the error. Sorry about that. It was looking at a different table.

The only way that you can make the selection bigger is that when the zoom is set to 100% instead of 55%.