-   -   AVERAGE formula covering a date range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/265409-average-formula-covering-date-range.html)

Muddock

AVERAGE formula covering a date range

I am currently using the formula to calculate the average of a group of numbers listed in a worksheet. Withinin the worksheet is my number and a date. I want to adjust the formula so that it calculates the average for each month. I know each month will need a separate formula which is fine.

=AVERAGE('Asset Finance'!$O3:$O65536)

Thanks

Muddock

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddock (Post 958801)
I am currently using the formula to calculate the average of a group of numbers listed in a worksheet. Withinin the worksheet is my number and a date. I want to adjust the formula so that it calculates the average for each month. I know each month will need a separate formula which is fine.

=AVERAGE('Asset Finance'!$O3:$O65536)

Thanks

Anyone...?

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddock (Post 958801)
I am currently using the formula to calculate the average of a group of numbers listed in a worksheet. Withinin the worksheet is my number and a date. I want to adjust the formula so that it calculates the average for each month. I know each month will need a separate formula which is fine.

=AVERAGE('Asset Finance'!$O3:$O65536)

Thanks

try this formulae
=SUM(O3:O65536)/COUNTA(O3:O65536)

wickedchew

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muddock (Post 958801)
I am currently using the formula to calculate the average of a group of numbers listed in a worksheet. Withinin the worksheet is my number and a date. I want to adjust the formula so that it calculates the average for each month. I know each month will need a separate formula which is fine.

=AVERAGE('Asset Finance'!$O3:$O65536)

Thanks

Try using AVERAGEIF or AVERAGEIFS.