-   -   Fill down changing sheet referance only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/265336-fill-down-changing-sheet-referance-only.html)

Gregor McMillan

Fill down changing sheet referance only

Hi I have created a spreadsheet with multiple sheets (about 100) and one reference sheet if I put in formula ='s (7)'!$F$70 in the referance sheet (which points to f70 in sheet 7 then fill down I want it to chage the sheet referance (in this case s (7) to s(8) then s(9) etc but all I get at the moment is a duplicate cell.. please help tried all I know

Thanks in advance

Gregor

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregor McMillan (Post 958683)
Hi I have created a spreadsheet with multiple sheets (about 100) and one reference sheet if I put in formula ='s (7)'!$F$70 in the referance sheet (which points to f70 in sheet 7 then fill down I want it to chage the sheet referance (in this case s (7) to s(8) then s(9) etc but all I get at the moment is a duplicate cell.. please help tried all I know

Thanks in advance

Gregor

try indirect function if you are trying to change sheet reference

=INDIRECT("sheet"&ROW()&"!A2")

all the best