-   -   Copy parts of a number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/265296-copy-parts-number.html)

Genie

Copy parts of a number

If I have a cell with a digit 123,4567 - how can I copy the content of the
cell to another cell with only two digits after the comma. In other words - I
only want 123,45 to appear in the new cell.

Is there any way to use a "round off" functionality?

L. Howard Kittle

Copy parts of a number

Well, I wonder if it is really a 'number'...?

Seems to be text as written and if 123,4567 copied and pasted from the post
to Excel it shows as 1,234,567.

So pasted in a text formatted cell you can use =LEFT(A1,6) to return 123,45.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"GeniE" wrote in message
If I have a cell with a digit 123,4567 - how can I copy the content of the
cell to another cell with only two digits after the comma. In other
words - I
only want 123,45 to appear in the new cell.

Is there any way to use a "round off" functionality?

Ron Rosenfeld[_2_]

Copy parts of a number

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 00:14:26 -0700, GeniE
wrote:

If I have a cell with a digit 123,4567 - how can I copy the content of the
cell to another cell with only two digits after the comma. In other words - I
only want 123,45 to appear in the new cell.

Is there any way to use a "round off" functionality?

What are your settings for the "decimal point". If it is a comma,
then:

=round(a1,2) or =round(a1;2) depending on your separator.

If it is really a text string, then

=LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)+2)