-   -   Excel formula help, No VBA please (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/265054-excel-formula-help-no-vba-please.html)

bill_ball

Excel formula help, No VBA please

Hello everybody,

I need your assistance.... No VBA help please

I have columns A,B,C,D,E,F........................AG.... in sheet1.
everyday data gets populated in row1 of every column from A to AG.

I want to know the formula to fetch the column number where "Bill Amount" in row1 of sheet1 is populating

sometimes "Bill Amount" may come at Column D, sometimes in Column K etc.

i want a formula to look for "Bill Amount" in all the columns of row 1 and returns the column number.

thanks in advance.

Dave Peterson

Excel formula help, No VBA please

=match("bill amount",1:1,0)