Jacob Skaria

naming worksheet tabs

Sorry, you cannot.

Max length 31
Exception characters [ ] * ? / \

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"SHARON" wrote:

i need to name a worksheet tab with a name that is more characters than
allowed. Can you make the tab larger to accommodate a larger tab name?

I know you can make the tab larger in properties/appearance/advanced;
however, that does not allow me to type in more characters.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

Sharon

naming worksheet tabs

Actually, i only have 28 characters/spaces...any idea why it's not allowing
me 31?
--
Thanks,
Sharon

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Sorry, you cannot.

Max length 31
Exception characters [ ] * ? / \

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"SHARON" wrote:

i need to name a worksheet tab with a name that is more characters than
allowed. Can you make the tab larger to accommodate a larger tab name?

I know you can make the tab larger in properties/appearance/advanced;
however, that does not allow me to type in more characters.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

Jacob Skaria

naming worksheet tabs

--Which version of Excel?
--Check for any extra spaces before or after the text string?
--Post back with the sheet name you are trying?

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"SHARON" wrote:

Actually, i only have 28 characters/spaces...any idea why it's not allowing
me 31?
--
Thanks,
Sharon

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Sorry, you cannot.

Max length 31
Exception characters [ ] * ? / \

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)

"SHARON" wrote:

i need to name a worksheet tab with a name that is more characters than
allowed. Can you make the tab larger to accommodate a larger tab name?

I know you can make the tab larger in properties/appearance/advanced;
however, that does not allow me to type in more characters.
--
Thanks,
Sharon

Sharon

naming worksheet tabs

oops....i actually had a blank space at the end, which was the
problem...problem solved...Thanks!
--
Thanks,
Sharon

"SHARON" wrote:

Actually, i only have 28 characters/spaces...any idea why it's not allowing
me 31?
--
Thanks,
Sharon