-   -   Hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264362-hyperlink.html)

JJ

Hyperlink

Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

Luke M[_4_]

Hyperlink

You don't/cant. You could hyperlink to the folder containing multiple pdf
files, however.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"JJ" wrote in message
Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink

Or maybe you could replace the hyperlink with a macro that opens both .pdf
files???

Or (untested), you could hyperlink to a .bat or .vbs file that runs and opens
both files.

JJ wrote:

Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

--

Dave Peterson

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJ (Post 955622)
Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

putting more than one hyperlink in a call.

http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002805_..._a_Cell. html

all the best

JJ

Hyperlink

Dave
can you guide me as to hyperlink with a macro as this seems to be the better
option. I am not good with macros.

tx

JJ wrote:

Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

--

Dave Peterson
.

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink

If it's just a single cell that has that hyperlink...

Format the cell nicely -- make it look like a hyperlink (but make sure you
remove any existing hyperlink).

Now show the Drawing toolbar
View|Toolbars
in xl2003 menus

Place a rectangle over that cell so that it covers the text you want to make
look like a hyperlink.

You can hide the borders so that it looks pretty later.

Now hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE, where macros live).
Click on Insert|Module on the VBE's toolbar.

Paste this into the newly opened Code window -- usually on the right hand side:

Option Explicit
Sub LoadPDFs()
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\my documents\firstfile.pdf"
ThisWorkbook.FollowHyperlink "C:\my documents\secondfile.pdf"
End Sub

You'll have to change the path and filename for both files.

Now hit alt-f11 to get back to excel.

Rightclick on the rectangle and choose Assign macro
Point at LoadPDFs
and click ok

Then test it.

If it works, then it's time to hide the borders of the rectangle (if you want).

Rightclick on the rectangle
choose Format|autoshape
On the Colors and Lines tab, choose "no line" for the line

JJ wrote:

Hi

How do I hyperlink a cell to more than one PDF files?

Thanks

JJ

--

Dave Peterson
.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Hyperlink

ps.

If you're new to macros:

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros he
http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

(General, Regular and Standard modules all describe the same thing.)

You'll have to add something that unprotects the sheet near the beginning and
reprotects the sheet at the end.