-   -   Custom formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264282-custom-formating.html)

Greg

Custom formating

hi,

is that possible to format the numbers w/o % sign, i.e, the number .4
would appear as 40 and not as 40%?

Thanks

--
______
Regards,

Luke M[_4_]

Custom formating

Without the symbol, wouldn't that be confusing/deceptive?
An alternative would be to use fixed decimal when inputting the number
(Tools - Options - Edit) or to have a helper cell multiply by 10.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Greg" wrote in message
hi,

is that possible to format the numbers w/o % sign, i.e, the number .4
would appear as 40 and not as 40%?

Thanks

--
______
Regards,
Greg

Greg

Custom formating

I agree, but that's not my call unfortunately.

Applying fixed decimal does not work - it converts 200 into 2, when using 2
places. again, i need a per cent to appear as it multiplied by 100. so
the cell value contains: 0.4 and looks like 40.

"Greg" wrote in message
hi,

is that possible to format the numbers w/o % sign, i.e, the number .4
would appear as 40 and not as 40%?

Thanks

--
______
Regards,
Greg

.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Custom formating

Multiply by 100. You can't do it by formatting, as 40 is not the same
number as 0.4.
--
David Biddulph