-   -   Adding cells from two columns with contact into one cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264233-adding-cells-two-columns-contact-into-one-cell.html)

gridenbaugh

Adding cells from two columns with contact into one cell

I want to know if it is possible to add content from two columns into one
cells with multiple criteria. example. column 1 criteria is either AM or PM
and I have to beable to distinguish between the two. Column 2 is scheduled,
unscheduled, tardy, etc., column 2 has like seven different criteria. Is
there a way of doing this?

Jacob Skaria

Adding cells from two columns with contact into one cell

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for. Try the below in cell C2
with your text value in A2 and B2...

=IF(AND(SUM(COUNTIF(A2,{"AM","PM"})),
SUM(COUNTIF(B2,{"scheduled","unscheduled","tardy"} ))),A2&"-" &B2,"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)