-   -   why must I open an Excel document twice to get it to open after . (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26420-why-must-i-open-excel-document-twice-get-open-after.html)

NottaBoy

why must I open an Excel document twice to get it to open after .

After I reinstalled Office due to a *&!X% worm, I now must open an Excel
document twice in order to get it to open at all. The first time I try to
open it the Excel doc is blank or totally gray. Then when I try to open it
again, (file, open, etc.) the doc appears the way it used to when I opened it
the first time. What happened? I know it has to do with where the docs are
stored but how do I fix it?

Hi

When you try to open it the first time do you use File|Open, or do you
double-click on the file in Explorer? If it's the double-click option, go to
Tools|Options|General and make sure that Ignore Other Applications is
unchecked.

--
Andy.