-   -   Leave "formula cell J7" empty until H7 has a date. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264199-leave-formula-cell-j7-empty-until-h7-has-date.html)

Mark

Leave "formula cell J7" empty until H7 has a date.

I have the following formula in cell J7

=DATE(YEAR(H7),MONTH(H7)+6,DAY(H7))

This gives me a date in J7 that is 6 months forward from the date I will
enter in H7.

I would like J7 to stay empty (blank) until needed.

Right now the formula works but I get a generic date in J7 of 6/30/00 and I
not only don't know why, I would that not like that to happen.

The date in J7 should be six months forward of H7.

Sorry for being so verbose, I am always afraid I do not ask the right
question.

Thanks to all you experts in advance. For your time, your patience and your
teaching capabilities.

Mark

Eduardo

Leave "formula cell J7" empty until H7 has a date.

Hi,

=if(H7="","",=DATE(YEAR(H7),MONTH(H7)+6,DAY(H7)))

"Mark" wrote:

I have the following formula in cell J7

=DATE(YEAR(H7),MONTH(H7)+6,DAY(H7))

This gives me a date in J7 that is 6 months forward from the date I will
enter in H7.

I would like J7 to stay empty (blank) until needed.

Right now the formula works but I get a generic date in J7 of 6/30/00 and I
not only don't know why, I would that not like that to happen.

The date in J7 should be six months forward of H7.

Sorry for being so verbose, I am always afraid I do not ask the right
question.

Thanks to all you experts in advance. For your time, your patience and your
teaching capabilities.

Mark

Jacob Skaria

Leave "formula cell J7" empty until H7 has a date.

Try
=IF(H7,DATE(YEAR(H7),MONTH(H7)+6,DAY(H7)),"")

--
Jacob (MVP - Excel)