-   -   Formula not reading date format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264197-formula-not-reading-date-format.html)

ziak

Formula not reading date format

Hello:

Based on a person's "available date" I need to categorize that person as
"0-30 days," "31 to 60 days," or " 60 days." Below is the formula I'm using:

=IF(B2(TODAY()+60)," 60",IF(B2(TODAY()+30),"31 to 60","0 to 30"))

The problem is that my formula does not read the date format in the file
that I get. I have to go into each date, hit F2 and enter, and then the
formula reads it. Below is the worksheet setup

Initially....

A B C
1 Name Avail Date Range
2 Larry 2010-05-31 60
3 Curly 2010-07-01 60
4 Moe 2010-8-25 60

After re-formatting each cell (F2, enter)....

A B C
1 Name Avail Date Range
2 Larry 5/31/2010 0 to 30
3 Curly 7/1/2010 31 to 60
4 Moe 8/25/2010 60

I have tried changing the cell format, but the only thing that works is if I
change each record individually. I have to do this for over 500 records!
And it's a weekly thing.

Is there a faster way? Please say yes...thanks!!

T. Valko

Formula not reading date format

Sometimes this will work...

Select the range of dates
Goto the menu DataText to Columns
Click Next twice
In step 3 of the wizard under column data format select Date and from the
drop down select YMD

Click Finish

--
Biff

[...]

[...]