-   -   Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/264183-formula-reference-another-cell-worksheet.html)

HeatherJ

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet

Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want
Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
Column G.

Example:
G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill
column F to do this automatically.

Thank you!
Heather

Jim Thomlinson

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet

=indirect("A" & G1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"HeatherJ" wrote:

Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want
Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
Column G.

Example:
G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill
column F to do this automatically.

Thank you!
Heather

Gord Dibben

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet

=INDIRECT("A" & G1) entered in H1 and copied down

Don't know how column F fits in unless you meant F1 and not H1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 May 2010 07:43:01 -0700, HeatherJ
wrote:

Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet. I want
Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
Column G.

Example:
G1 is 1043, I want H1 to be equal to A1043. What formula can I use to fill
column F to do this automatically.

Thank you!
Heather

FloMM2

Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet

HeatherJ,
If you want the cell in F column to equal the value in cell in the A column:
"=$A1" without the quotes (" ").
If you want the cell in the F column to equal the value in the cell A1:
"=$A$1" without the quotes (" ").
Depending on what you want (see above), copy and paste down the F column.
hth