-   -   How do I align numbers in different cells when some are in bracke. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263923-how-do-i-align-numbers-different-cells-when-some-bracke.html)

DOOGIE

How do I align numbers in different cells when some are in bracke.

I trying to show both positive and negative numbers in a lsit. The negative
numbers are in brackets however this puts the numbers out of alignment with
each other. Is there away to ensure the numbers are aligned and the closing
bracket sitting outside the line of numbers.

Thanks

Luke M[_4_]

How do I align numbers in different cells when some are in bracke.

Custom format is:
" "#" ";"["#"]";" "#" ";@

The extra spaces will help align the numbers.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Doogie" wrote in message
I trying to show both positive and negative numbers in a lsit. The negative
numbers are in brackets however this puts the numbers out of alignment
with
each other. Is there away to ensure the numbers are aligned and the
closing
bracket sitting outside the line of numbers.

Thanks

Jim Cone[_2_]

How do I align numbers in different cells when some are in bracke.

Use the "Accounting" format...
Format | Cells | Number (tab)
--
Jim Cone