-   -   Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263793-calculate-difference-date-time-formatted-cells.html)

Longhorn1972

Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells

I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

Mike H

Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells

Hi,

With this in A1 and b1

15/05/2010 10:00 16/05/2010 11:30

formula

=B1-A1

Format the formula cell as dd hh:mm
--
Mike

question.

"Longhorn1972" wrote:

I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

Per Jessen

Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells

Just subtract the two cells and format the formula cell as custom [h]: mm

=A2-A1

Regards,
Per

"Longhorn1972" skrev i meddelelsen
I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

David Biddulph[_2_]

Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells

OK until you get beyond 31 days, I think you'll find.
--
David Biddulph

"Longhorn1972" wrote:

I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

Mike H

Calculate the difference in date/time formatted cells

Yes, absolutely correct David. I had this mindset of 1 day and a few hours.
Thanks for the correction.
--
Mike

question.

"Longhorn1972" wrote:

I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

.

bala_vb

Quote:

Originally Posted by Longhorn1972 (Post 953682)
I need to know how to find the difference in time in two cells with a
date/time format of 05/01 04:30

If A1 has:1/1/2010 5:05:00 AM
B1 has 10/10/2010 12:02:00 PM

this formulae
="days- "&TRUNC(B1-A1,0)&" hours-"&(((B1-A1)-TRUNC(B1-A1,0))*24)

gives u the result as:

days- 282 hours- 6.94999999995343

all the best