-   -   Unique Values, not Unique Records (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263617-unique-values-not-unique-records.html)

steph44haf

Unique Values, not Unique Records

My data looks like the following:

ID Type Amt
1234 A $10.00
1234 B $10.00
1234 C $10.00

I would like to find a way to get only one of the items on to a new
spreadsheet, because they are duplicate records in my eyes. The Advanced
filter does not work because each record is unique. Can anyone help?

Bob Umlas, Excel MVP

Unique Values, not Unique Records

in the dialog for the advanced filter, make sure only the ID column is
referenced