-   -   Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263607-can-you-delete-all-asterisks-sheet.html)

REMB

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

I have a spreadsheet with asterisks on certain entries. Is there any way to
delete these?

Gary''s Student

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

Use Find/Replace

Find
~*

Replace with nothing
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

"REMB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with asterisks on certain entries. Is there any way to
delete these?

JLatham

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

Edit -- Replace
enter an asterisk ( * ) into the find what,
leave the replace with empty
[Replace All]

I'd make a copy of the book before doing this, just in case you discover you
really didn't quite mean ALL of the * entries.

"REMB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with asterisks on certain entries. Is there any way to
delete these?

Eduardo

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

Hi,
you can use find and replace, Highlight the whole sheet, then press CTRL +
H, find what enter *, go to replace with but do not enter anything, then
press replace all

"REMB" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with asterisks on certain entries. Is there any way to
delete these?

Gord Dibben

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

Congrats.

You are the only responder who got it right<g

Gord

On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:17:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Use Find/Replace

Find
~*

Replace with nothing

JLatham

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

Hey, mine worked in my special case (just * entered into a few cells). Oh
well....

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Congrats.

You are the only responder who got it right<g

Gord

On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:17:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Use Find/Replace

Find
~*

Replace with nothing

.

Dave Peterson[_2_]

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

And yours did get rid of all the asterisks, too. It may have done a bit more
<vbg, too!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Congrats.

You are the only responder who got it right<g

Gord

On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:17:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Use Find/Replace

Find
~*

Replace with nothing

.

--

Dave Peterson

JLatham

Can you delete all asterisks in a sheet?

yeah, I realized that once I saw Gord's posting. Goes to show you that given
bad test data, even the worst solution may APPEAR to work great.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Congrats.

You are the only responder who got it right<g

Gord

On Wed, 12 May 2010 07:17:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
wrote:

Use Find/Replace

Find
~*