-   -   Counting a Column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263439-counting-column.html)

dwake

Counting a Column

I am trying to do a count of a column....problem is....I want to count
whether the cell is shaded in green and if there is a date in the cell as
well. so if a cell is shaded in green and has a date, that would count as
one. Any ideas?

T. Valko

Counting a Column

What does the green shade mean? Why is a cell shaded green? If the cells are
shaded green using conditional formatting then you can use the same logic
that applies the cf to also count those cells.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"dwake" wrote in message
I am trying to do a count of a column....problem is....I want to count
whether the cell is shaded in green and if there is a date in the cell as
well. so if a cell is shaded in green and has a date, that would count as
one. Any ideas?

dwake

Counting a Column

It means completed. I have one column I am trying to manage two different
criteria. One is date of an appointment, and also whether that appointment
was completed or not. I am not using conditional formatting to shade in the
cells.

"dwake" wrote in message
I am trying to do a count of a column....problem is....I want to count
whether the cell is shaded in green and if there is a date in the cell as
well. so if a cell is shaded in green and has a date, that would count as
one. Any ideas?

.

T. Valko

Counting a Column