-   -   How do I enter mins and secs in Excel without using caps/colon (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/263298-how-do-i-enter-mins-secs-excel-without-using-caps-colon.html)

Alphie

How do I enter mins and secs in Excel without using caps/colon

Using Excell, I need to fill columns with minutes and seconds (ie 10:22).
Having to use caps and colon to insert the colon between the minute and
seconds is time consuming, is there any way round this anybody please?

Fred Smith[_4_]

How do I enter mins and secs in Excel without using caps/colon

Two options:

1. Enter the data in one cell, and use a formula to convert it to a time in
another:
=time(0,int(a1/100),mod(a1,100))
2. Use an event macro to convert it in place.

If you want the event macro, post a request in the .programming group.

Regards,
Fred

"Alphie" wrote in message
Using Excell, I need to fill columns with minutes and seconds (ie 10:22).
Having to use caps and colon to insert the colon between the minute and
seconds is time consuming, is there any way round this anybody please?

David Biddulph[_2_]

How do I enter mins and secs in Excel without using caps/colon

Note that if you put in 10:22, that is 10 hours and 22 minutes. If you want
minutes and seconds, try 0:10:22 or 10:22.0
--
David Biddulph