-   -   sumproduct if (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26265-sumproduct-if.html)

sumproduct if

i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

papou

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns to
add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct a écrit dans le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

sumproduct if

can you give me an example? Say i have:

A B C
BUY 2 4
BUY 4 8
SELL 3 4
BUY 5 2

if i want to sumproduct columns B and C only where column A = "BUY", what
would be the formula?

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns to
add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct a écrit dans le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

Harald Staff

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A4="BUY")*(B1:B4)*(C1:C4))

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct skrev i melding

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one

criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns

add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans
le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and

sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

papou

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="BUY")*(B1:B10))+SUMPRODUCT((A 1:A10="BUY")*(C1:C10))

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one
criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns to
add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10="a"),A1:A10)+SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C10="a"),B1:B10)

but SUMIF works as well in your example

=SUMIF(C1:C10,"a",A1:A10)+SUMIF(C1:C10,"a",B1:B10)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one

criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns

add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans
le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and

sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

papou

Hello Harald
In the example your formula will amount to 50 which means it adds values
twice?

Cordially
Pascal

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one

criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns

add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans
le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and

sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

b&s

.... or:
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A11="BUY")*(B1:B11+C1:C11))

--
pozdrav!
Berislav

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one
criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several
columns to add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit
dans le message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and
sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition
in column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

Harald Staff

"papou" skrev i melding
Hello Harald
In the example your formula will amount to 50 which means it adds values
twice?

I thought the OP wanted something like
=SUMPRODUCT(B1:B4,C1:C4)
with the criteria added, and that
=SUMIF(A1:A4,"BUY",B1:B4)+SUMIF(A1:A4,"BUY",C1:C4)
was the not the thing. Guess I was wrong.

Best wishes Harald

Don Guillett

"IF" the idea is to get 25 as the sum for all Buy's then this should do
it.

=SUMPRODUCT((J2:J5="Buy")*K2:L5)

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one

criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns

add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans
le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and

sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

RagDyeR

A little more concise:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="BUY")*((B1:B10)+(C1:C10)))

RD

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one
criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns to
add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

Bob Phillips

or even more so

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="BUY")*(B1:C10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"papou" wrote:

Hi
SUMPRODUCT will allow multi-criteria whereas SUMIF only allows one
criteria.
Now if I understand rightly, you have one criteria and several columns

add.
In which case you may add several SUMPRODUCT together.

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"sumproduct if" <sumproduct
a écrit dans
le
message de news:
i need a "sumproductif" function:, a combination of sumif and

sumproduct

e.g. i need to sumproduct values in columns A and B if a condition in
column
C holds

does anyone know of anything that would do this??

RagDyer

I knew that when Don posted his at 5:30 this morning, and I didn't see it in
my O.E. for some reason.
I kicked myself when I finally did see his.
Are you repeating it here so that I kick myself again?<vbg

I wish these MS servers would get it all together, so that I could at least
put my foot in my mouth less often!

RD

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
or even more so

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A10="BUY")*(B1:C10))

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"RagDyer" wrote in message
I knew that when Don posted his at 5:30 this morning, and I didn't see it

in
my O.E. for some reason.
I kicked myself when I finally did see his.
Are you repeating it here so that I kick myself again?<vbg

Not at all. I hadn't seen Don's reply when I sent this, I just sent it as
a small ironic riposte as mine was even more long-winded (I'm English don't
forget, we do lots of irony ;-))

I wish these MS servers would get it all together, so that I could at

least
put my foot in my mouth less often!

Amen, then I would have seen Don's too. I still miss posts on this thing!