-   -   conditional formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262621-conditional-formating.html)

Cheryl

conditional formating

I have the following formula for column D and E
=D2<Today() red
=(D2-Today())<30 green
I need to add a formula that if a date is in column c then column D and E
are black.

T. Valko

conditional formating

What are you formatting? The font color or the cell fill color?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I have the following formula for column D and E
=D2<Today() red
=(D2-Today())<30 green
I need to add a formula that if a date is in column c then column D and E
are black.

Cheryl

conditional formating

The font color.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I have the following formula for column D and E
=D2<Today() red
=(D2-Today())<30 green
I need to add a formula that if a date is in column c then column D and E
are black.

.

T. Valko

conditional formating

Ok, if you're formatting the font color then the default font color should
be black. So, you'd just need to modify your current formulas.

=AND(COUNT(C2)=0,D2<Today())

=AND(COUNT(C2)=0,D2-Today()<30)

The logic is: If C2 contains a date (which Excel evaluates as a number) then
the formula will evaluate as FALSE and the red or green font color *will
not* be applied leaving the default black font.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Cheryl" wrote in message