-   -   Equations and Text in same Cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262564-equations-text-same-cell.html)

Eric

Equations and Text in same Cell

I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within
the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the
number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the
Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes.

Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are
combining text with the results of an equation?

FSt1

Equations and Text in same Cell

yes. you could incorperate the round() funciton.
post your formula

regards
FSt1

"Eric" wrote:

I am using Excel to write a program. I would like to incorporate text within
the same cell as the result of an equation but the I cannot control the
number of decimal places that the output displays. I've tried using the
Number tab in the Format Cell feature but nothing changes.

Is there a way to control the number of decimal places when you are
combining text with the results of an equation?

Gord Dibben

Equations and Text in same Cell

Something like this?

="You now owe us " & TEXT(A2,"$#,##0.00")

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP