-   -   #NA error on a INDEX formular (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262309-na-error-index-formular.html)

PAS

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Does anybody know why I am getting #NA with this formula. It was working OK
awhile ago????

=INDEX($B$2:$BJ$402,MATCH(B411,$A$2:$A$402,0),MATC H(B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0))

Dave Peterson

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Put these portions of your formula in two other cells:

=MATCH(B411,$A$2:$A$402,0)
=MATCH(B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0)

One or both will return that #N/A error. You'll have to find out why there's a
mismatch (spelling error, too many spaces, ...).

--

Dave Peterson

PAS

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Cheers Dave, I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

Pas wrote:

Does anybody know why I am getting #NA with this formula. It was working OK
awhile ago????

=INDEX($B$2:$BJ$402,MATCH(B411,$A$2:$A$402,0),MATC H(B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0))

--

Dave Peterson
.

PAS

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Yes the second formula results in #NA. I have a textbox linked to cell "B410"
, which has a formula. When I clear the formula on that cell it works fine.
For some weird reason it's giving #NA because the fact that the cell has a
formula???
Any ideas?

Pas wrote:

Does anybody know why I am getting #NA with this formula. It was working OK
awhile ago????

=INDEX($B$2:$BJ$402,MATCH(B411,$A$2:$A$402,0),MATC H(B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0))

--

Dave Peterson
.

Dave Peterson

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Nope.

It's giving you the error because the value in that textbox doesn't match any of
the cells in B1:BJ1.

==
Are the values you're matching on digits?

If yes, then try:
=MATCH(--B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0)

The -- stuff will coerce any text number to a real number. The first minus
converts the text number to a number (but the opposite sign). The second
changes the sign back but keeps the number.

Pas wrote:

Does anybody know why I am getting #NA with this formula. It was working OK
awhile ago????

=INDEX($B$2:$BJ$402,MATCH(B411,$A$2:$A$402,0),MATC H(B410,$B$1:$BJ$1,0))

--

Dave Peterson
.

--

Dave Peterson

PAS

#NA error on a INDEX formular

Thanks Dave,
That did the trick, I did have some minus numbers
Many thanks