-   -   Excel 2003 - Skip a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262073-excel-2003-skip-cell.html)

Ed

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

How do I skip a blank cell? I have a column of dates (Col A) and a column of
numbers (Col C). Col C has irregular blanks. I want to copy these to another
spreadsheet without the blanks in Col C and without the corresponding dates
in Col A. My purpose is to creat a column chart without the gaps caused by
blank cells. The IF function will return a blank for a blank but I want to
skip the blank.

Roger Govier[_8_]

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

Hi

For the chart use NA() instead of blanks

So, for your copy
=IF(Sheet1!A1="",NA(),Sheet1!A1)
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Ed wrote:
How do I skip a blank cell? I have a column of dates (Col A) and a column of
numbers (Col C). Col C has irregular blanks. I want to copy these to another
spreadsheet without the blanks in Col C and without the corresponding dates
in Col A. My purpose is to creat a column chart without the gaps caused by
blank cells. The IF function will return a blank for a blank but I want to
skip the blank.

Paul C

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

Set up Filter (Data-Filter) for you entire range of data

Then select to show all non-blanks in column C

Once this is done select the data range and copy-paste to a
new sheet. The rows with Column C blank are not selected and do not paste.

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Ed" wrote:

How do I skip a blank cell? I have a column of dates (Col A) and a column of
numbers (Col C). Col C has irregular blanks. I want to copy these to another
spreadsheet without the blanks in Col C and without the corresponding dates
in Col A. My purpose is to creat a column chart without the gaps caused by
blank cells. The IF function will return a blank for a blank but I want to
skip the blank.

Ed

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

I tried this and the blank cells now have #NA in them. When I chart that it
stills leaves a gap between two columns on my chart.

Ed wrote:
How do I skip a blank cell? I have a column of dates (Col A) and a column of
numbers (Col C). Col C has irregular blanks. I want to copy these to another
spreadsheet without the blanks in Col C and without the corresponding dates
in Col A. My purpose is to creat a column chart without the gaps caused by
blank cells. The IF function will return a blank for a blank but I want to
skip the blank.

.

Ed

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

I tried this but was unable to filter the data. Not sure I understand the
filter process. Also, how do you select all non-blanks? Thanks for your help.

"Ed" wrote:

How do I skip a blank cell? I have a column of dates (Col A) and a column of
numbers (Col C). Col C has irregular blanks. I want to copy these to another
spreadsheet without the blanks in Col C and without the corresponding dates
in Col A. My purpose is to creat a column chart without the gaps caused by
blank cells. The IF function will return a blank for a blank but I want to
skip the blank.

Ed

Excel 2003 - Skip a cell

I figured out how to filter the data and to select for all non-blank cells
and then copy the data to my chart data spreadsheet. But I continue to add
additonal data. Will I have to copy and paste each time I add new data or is
there a formula that I can use to automate the process?