-   -   Excel Spreadsheets formulas don't update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/262023-excel-spreadsheets-formulas-dont-update.html)

GGirl

Excel Spreadsheets formulas don't update

Can anyone suggest how my formula are in active suddenly. If I had 1+1+2, and
change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum.

L. Howard Kittle

Excel Spreadsheets formulas don't update

If you put 1+1+2 in a cell it will return "1+1+2."

If you put =1+1+2 in a cell it will return 4

<change one of the numbers to 1+2, I still get 2 in the sum.

Makes no sense to me how you "still get 2 in the sum"????

Regards,
Howard