-   -   Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/261834-editing-options-disapear-when-document-changed-compatibility.html)

Me

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility

I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by
other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document
(compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to
be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or
insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is
blocking me from using many functions?

dlw

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility

tools/protection/unprotect sheet

"Me" wrote:

I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by
other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document
(compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to
be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or
insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is
blocking me from using many functions?

Luke M[_4_]

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibility

Unshare the document.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Me" wrote in message
I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by
other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document
(compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems
be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or
insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever
is
blocking me from using many functions?

Me

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibi

The protection icon is not pickable. It is one of the functions that have be
disabled.

"Me" wrote:

I have an excel (2007) document with makro content that has been edited by
other people. One of them changed the document to a shared document
(compatibility mode) to be able to track changes. Now the document seems to
be partially locked. I am hadly allowed to change any kind of formating or
insert anything. How do I change back the document or get rid of whatever is
blocking me from using many functions?

Me

Editing options disapear when document is changed to compatibi

That is what I want to do, but I don't know how.

/Me

"Luke M" wrote:

Unshare the document.

--