-   -   adjust column width (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26181-adjust-column-width.html)

coolbeans

adjust column width

I have a command file that creates a .csv spreadsheet. The information in
some of the cells/colums are larger than the column width, so I get #####. I
know I can just go up to the format tab and correct things that way, but what
I would really like to happen is when I open the spreadsheet, all the columns
autofix automatically. Is this possible?

Dave Peterson

There's nothing that you can put in the .csv file that will help excel autofit
those columns. The .csv file is just plain old text--it doesn't contain
formatting (including columnwidth).

If your offending column is C (say), you could doubleclick on that vertical line
between the column header between C and D.

To to get all columns, hit ctrl-a (twice in xl2003) and then double click on any
of those vertical lines.

--

Dave Peterson