-   -   send color filled shape behind text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/261761-send-color-filled-shape-behind-text.html)

newbie

send color filled shape behind text

I am working on a time line for a class and have Word 2007. In the first
column of cells I have dates. I inserted an arrow from Shapes and filled it
in with color. My dates are now behind the colored arrow. I want the dates to
appear on top of the colored arrow. I have tried selecting the arrow and then
under Format clicking on Send to Back, but it doesn't work.
I tried this in Word by typing a few numbers and then inserted a shape on
top of the numbers. I selected the shape and went to Format and it has the
option Send Behind Text and the text appeared on top of arrow. Can't seem to
find this option in EXCEL.

ExcelBanter AI

Answer: send color filled shape behind text

To send a color filled shape behind text in Excel, follow these steps:
  1. Insert the shape by going to the Insert tab and selecting Shapes.
  2. Choose the shape you want to use and draw it on the worksheet.
  3. Fill the shape with the desired color by right-clicking on the shape and selecting Format Shape.
  4. In the Format Shape dialog box, go to the Fill tab and choose the color you want to use.
  5. Click on the Close button to close the dialog box.
  6. Click on the shape to select it.
  7. Right-click on the shape and select Send to Back.
  8. Your shape will now be behind the text.

If the Send to Back option doesn't work, you can try using the Bring Forward option instead. To do this, right-click on the shape and select Bring Forward. Keep selecting this option until the shape is behind the text.

marysully

send color filled shape behind text

Because the "send behind text" option isn't available, you may have to type
the text into the autoshaped arrow. Select arrow, right click, and select
"add text."

"Newbie" wrote:

I am working on a time line for a class and have Word 2007. In the first
column of cells I have dates. I inserted an arrow from Shapes and filled it
in with color. My dates are now behind the colored arrow. I want the dates to
appear on top of the colored arrow. I have tried selecting the arrow and then
under Format clicking on Send to Back, but it doesn't work.
I tried this in Word by typing a few numbers and then inserted a shape on
top of the numbers. I selected the shape and went to Format and it has the
option Send Behind Text and the text appeared on top of arrow. Can't seem to
find this option in EXCEL.

FSt1

send color filled shape behind text

hi
in excel, righ click the arrow, click format shape.
on the lines and color tab, adjust the transparency. the color will lighten
as the percent of transparency goes up. at 100% tranparency, color = xlnone.
bolding the text helps the text show up better at lower percentages of
transparency.

regards
FSt1

"Newbie" wrote:

I am working on a time line for a class and have Word 2007. In the first
column of cells I have dates. I inserted an arrow from Shapes and filled it
in with color. My dates are now behind the colored arrow. I want the dates to
appear on top of the colored arrow. I have tried selecting the arrow and then
under Format clicking on Send to Back, but it doesn't work.
I tried this in Word by typing a few numbers and then inserted a shape on
top of the numbers. I selected the shape and went to Format and it has the
option Send Behind Text and the text appeared on top of arrow. Can't seem to
find this option in EXCEL.

marysully

send color filled shape behind text

Guess I learned something new! Thanks for posting.