-   -   How can I stop Excel from correcting data in a sp.sheetfor instan. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2617-how-can-i-stop-excel-correcting-data-sp-sheetfor-instan.html)

AaronMahl

How can I stop Excel from correcting data in a sp.sheetfor instan.

How can I stop excel from correcting data I put in a cell? For instance, I
type in
1-1 and it automatically makes it Jan00
I want to be able to use the dash without having it be a date.

Bernard Liengme

Precede the 1-1 with an apostrophe. I will not show in the cell or in a
print out.
best wishes
Bernard