-   -   Time formulae - delay updating when the sheet is refreshed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/261507-time-formulae-delay-updating-when-sheet-refreshed.html)

Colin Hayes

Time formulae - delay updating when the sheet is refreshed

Hi

I use these formulae to insert the date and time in separate cells on a
worksheet :

A14

=TODAY()

B14

=NOW()-TODAY()

They update automatically when I open the sheet. It would be better
however if they didn't do this until I use the Refresh All function.

Is it possible to stop these functions updating until I need them to do
so?

I know I can switch global options off in the Options section of the
program , but I'm loathe to do this for the sake of this one sheet.

Grateful for any advice.