-   -   Columns in Excel will not allow user to click in them (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/2614-columns-excel-will-not-allow-user-click-them.html)

Kim

Columns in Excel will not allow user to click in them

I have a spreadsheet with several columns of information. Two of those
columns will not allow the user to activate any of its cells. When the user
attempts to click on a cell in one of the two columns, the spreadsheets jumps
to a different location and randomly activates a different cell. I also
cannot isolate selection the entire column by clicking on the column letter
at the top. I can however, use ctrl+click to select the two problem columns
(I must begin with an active cell outside of the problem columns). Any
suggestions as to what is causing this behavior?

FYI: I can copy the entire worksheet and paste the information into a
different spreadsheet and the problem columns work properly.

Thank you for your feedback.

Jason Morin

The worksheet is protected. To learn more, check out:

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip022.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA