Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JCS JCS is offline

Default Sumproduct Question

Hi All,

I've been experiementing with the Sumproduct function in Excel 2007 and ran
across a problem with the function that I cannot figure out. The following
is an example: I have the following table in cells E21 to G23:

1 5 1
6 10 2
11 15 3

In cell D21 I input a value (e.g. 8)
In cell E25 I have the followng formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((E21:E23=D21)*(F21:F23<=D21)*(G21:G23 ))
In cell D21, if I enter 8 I should see 2 - instead I get 0. Any ideas on
what could be wrong? Or would it be better to use another function? Thanks
in advance!!

John