Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Sumproduct - Excel 2003

I am currently working on a spreadsheet where I need to solve two
problems both of which I think can be done with Sumproduct but
unfortunately I am having difficulty getting my head round it.

I basically want to add up the corresponding entries which satisfy two
conditions and then three conditions

The worksheet called "chargeablehours" has multiple columns but the
four important ones a-

Column A - Project ID

Column D - CLSStage

Column H = Date

Column I - Hoursworked

In an seperate worksheet "Menu" (within the same workbook) I want to
be able to do two seperate calculations using the information input
into

A1 - input Project ID

B1 - input CLSstage

C1 - input startdate

D1 - input enddate

The first formula needs to extract all entries where the ProjectID and
CLSstage are equal to A1 and B1 and sum the hoursworked in Column I

The second formula needs to extract exactly the same information (sum
hoursworked) but where the dates in column H are between the input
startdate and enddate.

I hope this makes sense

Any help would be most appreciated

BJthebear