-   -   Invert Text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26127-invert-text.html)

Gary's Student

Invert Text

Is there an easy way to invert text? For example, if A1 = "Blanche DuBois"
I would like invert(A1) to equal "sioBuD ehcnalB"

Thanks in advance
--
Gary's Student

David McRitchie

You can use StrReverse in a User Defined Function, or in a macro
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.p hx.gbl

Function ReverseText(cell)
ReverseText = StrReverse(cell.Text)
End Function

usage:
=ReverseText(A1)

---
HTH, http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm

"Gary's Student" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to invert text? For example, if A1 = "Blanche DuBois"
I would like invert(A1) to equal "sioBuD ehcnalB"

Thanks in advance
--
Gary's Student

Gary's Student