-   -   How do I remove a Calculated Field from the Pivot Table field list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/261057-how-do-i-remove-calculated-field-pivot-table-field-list.html)

TheTraveler

How do I remove a Calculated Field from the Pivot Table field list

I have created two fields in my Pivot Table. However, the first one had an
error in it. I tried to modify it, but was unsuccessful. So, I just did it
again. This means not only creating a new name, the original field stays in
the Field List. So, I guess my post has two questions. How do you modify a
Field? and How do you remove a Field?
--
TheTraveler

Roger Govier[_8_]

How do I remove a Calculated Field from the Pivot Table fieldlist

Hi

Second part first
Select the field first from the dropdownclick Modify

To get rid of a field, select the field from the dropdownDelete
--
Regards
Roger Govier

TheTraveler wrote:
I have created two fields in my Pivot Table. However, the first one had an
error in it. I tried to modify it, but was unsuccessful. So, I just did it
again. This means not only creating a new name, the original field stays in
the Field List. So, I guess my post has two questions. How do you modify a
Field? and How do you remove a Field?

TheTraveler

How do I remove a Calculated Field from the Pivot Table field

Roger....

That is exactly what I needed. I feel stupid for not having looked around
when I was in there. I have modified the original and removed the duplicate.
I am a happy camper.
--
TheTraveler

.