-   -   Mask Account Number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/260835-mask-account-number.html)

need help

Mask Account Number

I have a spreadsheet with tons of accounts numbers, and I need them to show
up as 1234567 on my spreadsheet, but need them to show up XXX4567

how do I do this?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Mask Account Number

="XXX"&RIGHT(A1,4)
--
David Biddulph

"Need help" <Need wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with tons of accounts numbers, and I need them to
show
up as 1234567 on my spreadsheet, but need them to show up XXX4567

how do I do this?

Mike H

Mask Account Number

Hi,

One way. Say these numbers are in column A starting in A2. Put this in B2

="XXXX"&RIGHT(A2,4)

Drag down as required and then hide column A

You could even have the numbers on another sheet and use the formula

="XXXX"&RIGHT(Sheet2!A2,4)

You could then hide the entire worksheet with the numbers on.

--
Mike

question.