-   -   Default date format (with shortcut keys) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/260766-default-date-format-shortcut-keys.html)

Michael_R

Default date format (with shortcut keys)

(I am working with XP and Off2007)

<ctrl # (UK keyboard) applies a date format.

Where do I define which date format this short-cut applies?

What I have found so far:
* <ctrl ; inserts today's date. in my case that is displayed as
"06/04/2010" - which matches the definition of Control panel, regional
options (English UK), short date.
* <ctrl # changes the format to "06-Apr-10". I would like this to use
template dd/mm/yyyy - as defined by the regional options. btw the long date
format in regional options is "06 April 2010"

ozgrid.com

In Windows CP for Regional Settings-Short Date Format.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Michael_R" wrote in message
(I am working with XP and Off2007)

<ctrl # (UK keyboard) applies a date format.

Where do I define which date format this short-cut applies?

What I have found so far:
* <ctrl ; inserts today's date. in my case that is displayed as
"06/04/2010" - which matches the definition of Control panel, regional
options (English UK), short date.
* <ctrl # changes the format to "06-Apr-10". I would like this to use
template dd/mm/yyyy - as defined by the regional options. btw the long
date
format in regional options is "06 April 2010"

Michael_R

Dave,

Thanks for picking this up so quickly.

As I wrote before the CP date format (short date) is dd/mm/yyyy (not
dd-mmm-yy). So I guess there must be another setting somewhere else.
I want the format returned by <ctrl # to me dd/mm/yyyy

Cheers, Michael